- ..... Congratulations To The Law Office of Shepherd and Osborne - Voted Best Law Firm by The Telegraph Best of Greater Nashua 2017!.....
Fraud Laws in New Hampshire
The term "Fraud" is like a giant umbrella. A great variety of NH crimes are considered crimes of fraud. Here are some of the more common types of "Fraud" that Mark and I see on a regular basis:
Identity Fraud occurs when:
- You pose as another person with the purpose to defraud in order to obtain money, credit, goods, services or anything of value;
- You obtain or record personal identifying information about another person without the permission of the other person and with the purpose to pose as that person;
- You pose as another person with the purpose of obtaining confidential information about such person that is not available to the general public.
Identity Fraud is a Class A Felony punishable by up to 7 ½ to 15 years in the New Hampshire State prison.
Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card
Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card occurs when:
- You use a credit card for the purpose of obtaining goods or services with knowledge that:
- A. The Card is stolen;
- B. The card has been revoked or cancelled;
- C. Your use of the card is unauthorized by the issuer or by the person to whom the card is issued.
Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card may be charged as a Class A Felony, Class B Felony or Misdemeanor depending upon the circumstances, usually the value of the property or services obtained.
The following crimes also fall under the rubric of "Fraud"
- Insurance Fraud;
- Commercial Bribery;
- Sports Bribery;
- Fraud on Creditors or Depositors;
- Misapplication of Property;
If you are facing any type of Fraud Crime you need an aggressive and experienced attorney. Attorneys Justin Shepherd and Mark Osborne are former prosecutors ready to fight for you from day one. Call Shepherd & Osborne and schedule your free consultation today.
Our telephone number is: 603-595-5525
DWI/DUI in New Hampshire Menu
Proudly Serving New Hampshire